Cadman Cruises Pandemic Plan
Consistent with Australia’s strategic approach to emergency management this guidance aligns to the emergency management cycle of:
- prevention and preparedness
- response – initial action
- response – targeted action
Prevention and Preparedness
- Cadman Cruises has identified the workers and work activities at greatest risk of spreading infectious diseases in the event of a pandemic – Galley Staff, Bar/Wait Staff & Security
- The likelihood and consequence of infection to workers and others in the workplace.
- Implementation of sanitary controls and measures to minimise and eliminate risk
- Ill workers encouraged to remain away from work when unwell.
Response – Initial Action
- Employees to frequently wash hands their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand rub;
- particular attention must be taken when using the toilet, or assisting others with toileting or nappy changing and before preparing and eating food.
- Cadman Cruises will make alcohol-based hand sanitising dispensers available in prominent places around the workplace and ensure they are regularly reﬁlled
- make sure that staff, contractors and customers have access to facilities where they can wash their hands with soap and water
- actively promote good hand hygiene in bathroom and kitchen amenities.
- Employees should cover their cough their nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a ﬂexed elbow
- dispose of tissues immediately, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser after disposing
- if unwell, avoid contact with others (shaking hands, touching faces, hugging, and other intimate contact).
- Cadman Cruises will ensure an adequate supply of paper tissues is available throughout the workplace provide closed bins for hygienic disposal of used tissues
- actively promote good respiratory hygiene in prominent places where close customer or worker contact occurs
- Implement and enforce Social Distancing measures.
- Limited to 1 staff on each bar
- Galley Staff to work 1.5mtrs from each other
- Wait Staff sectioned to maintain distance
- high touch surfaces (e.g. counters, bartops, hand rails and tables) and objects are wiped with disinfectant regularly
- areas where there is public access will also require frequent additional cleaning and disinfection ensure infection control procedures are reviewed in consultation with cleaning staff and they have access to suitable personal protective equipment (PPE)
- adequate supplies of cleaning equipment and necessary PPE are available.
How to manage someone who has been in close contact with conﬁrmed case of Pandemic Virus
- limiting the number of people who have contact with the sick person
- provide the ill worker with a disposable surgical face mask to wear to reduce the risk of disease transmission,
- advising them to go home and immediately and call their doctor.
- advising them to remain self-isolated at home and strictly follow their doctor’s advice
- if NSW Health conﬁrm that the person has contracted the Pandemic Virus, the local Public Health Unit will be in contact with close contacts from the workplace, if any, to advise them on what action to take
- the person was infectious while at work Cadman Cruises will notify SafeWork.
- identify persons who may be at risk, and support them, without inviting stigma and discrimination into your workplace. This could include persons who have recently travelled overseas, or other personnel who have conditions that put them at higher risk of serious illness (e.g. diabetes, heart and lung disease, older age)
- arrangements should be made for their transport either to a doctor or to their home, preferably not using public transport
- recording those who become ill and leave the workplace and the people they have had close or casual contact with
- when a person with suspected infection has left the workplace ensure the person’s work area and any communal areas, they have been in are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
Response – Targeted Action
Increased workplace controls will be required that ensure that sick workers do not go to work:
- anyone with even a mild cough or fever MUST stay at home
Control entry to the workplace – restrict entry for those recently returned from overseas or showing signs of illness. Implement exclusion periods.
- close supervision and support, monitoring workloads and job demands speciﬁc training
- adapting work with clear (adapted) performance expectations.
Cadman Cruises will comply with public health advice and any emergency measures issued by health authorities.
- Keep up to date with NSW Health advice and notices
- Coordinate the stand down of enhanced measures
- Manage the transition back into normal business arrangements
- Ensure access to work-based counselling and support services.
Cadman Guest Management Plan
Limit the number of people in contact on a production floor or kitchen, where possible
In production areas or within staff teams, have the same people stand or work next to one another each day. This will limit the spread of novel coronavirus between staff should infection occur.
Minimise the overlapping of shifts/rosters as much as possible.
Review customer entry points and interaction to optimise social distancing
Businesses should consider implementing customer control methods to ensure they meet social distancing requirements. A ticket system controlling entry into the shop can help enhance customer confidence if only two or three customers are served at a time.
Consider placing signs near the ticketing system that explain that customers should wait in line and maintain at least two metres separation distance between each other.
Review staff roles and points of contact
Restrict face-to-face meetings as much as possible. Keep any meeting to less than 15 minutes.
Identify what roles or areas within a business may be able to work from home or away from other staff.
Avoid staff congregating in carparks or other common areas after their shift.
Guest temperature taken on entry
Names and contact phone number collected for all guests unless they have downloaded the Covid – 19 Govt app.
Social Distancing – table spacing, reduce tables of 10 to tables of 6.
Hand Sanitiser, Paper towels, Closed Bins available freely for use.
Additional Cleaning staff – attention to public areas, hand rails, chairs & tables.
- Maintain a record of name and a mobile number or email address for all staff, customers and contractors for a period of at least 28 days. For group bookings, one contact is sufficient to support contact tracing. Ensure records are used only for the purposes of tracing COVID-19 infections and are stored confidentially and secure.
- Make your staff aware of the COVIDSafe app and its benefits to support contact tracing if required.
- Cooperate with NSW Health if contacted in relation to a positive case of COVID-19 at your workplace, and notify SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50
Square Metreage of The Cadman Vessel
Lower Level – 350
Upper Level – 250
Below Water level – 150
Total 800sq mtrs
Pre Covid capacity 465
Updated capacity 200 guests